Long & Pearsall Building
J.E. Long and George A. Pearsall erected this Italianate building in 1874 for their hardware business. It also housed the printing office of the Brookville Jeffersonian, the Knights of Pythias, and the American Legion. The first floor was used as a hardware continuously until 1990, first under Long & Pearsall, after 1903 under Brady & Pichards, and later under Phillips, and finally as the Brookville Hardware Company. The upper story window trim is of cast iron, while the cornice is of pressed metal.
Erected by Historic Brookville, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 41° 9.615′ N, 79° 4.754′ W. Marker is in Brookville, Pennsylvania, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 322) east of Pickering Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 191-193 Main Street, Brookville PA 15825, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Verstine-Sandt Building (a few steps from this marker); Central Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Frederick E. Knapp, Photographer
Also see . . . Brookville PA National Register Historic District Nomination. (Submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 93 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.