Jefferson County National Bank
— Historic Brookville —
Handsome facade of granite and terra cotta, constructed by Brookville builder John H. Carr & Son from designs by Brooklyn architect A. Stanley Miller. The bank was first organized in 1878 by Thomas K. Litch, Paul Darling, and J.B. Henderson. Following the failure of the bank during the Depression, the first floor was converted to retail use. In 1940 contractor Ray H. Richards installed the present front of Carrara glass for use by the Armstrong-Collier Clothing Store.
Erected by Historic Brookville, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
Location. 41° 9.622′ N, 79° 4.805′ W. Marker is in Brookville, Pennsylvania, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 322) east of Barnett Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 213 Main Street, Brookville PA 15825, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McKnight Building (a few steps from this marker); Jefferson County Courthouse & Jail (a few steps from this marker); Dr. William J. McKnight
Also see . . . Brookville PA National Register Historic District Nomination. (Submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.