Morgantown in Monongalia County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
1911 School Bell
Morgan District High School was the original home of this School Bell. In 1939, upon the completion of a W. P. A. Addition, the building was renamed Sabraton Junior High. When the school closed in 1980, the students were moved to the new South Junior High School.
The bell remained in the bell tower until moved to its present location in 2005.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Education. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
Location. 39° 36.746′ N, 79° 57.322′ W. Marker is in Morgantown, West Virginia, in Monongalia County. Marker is on East Parkway Drive just west of M-Tec Drive, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located at the front left of the entrance to South Middle School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 E Pkwy Dr, Morgantown WV 26501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Beacon (approx. 0.8 miles away); Ford House (approx. 0.8 miles away); SSG Anissa Shero (approx. Sergeant George A. Mitchell, Jr. (approx. 0.8 miles away); SSG Gene A. Vance, Jr. (approx. 0.8 miles away); Shane Childers (approx. 0.8 miles away); 1Lt Jacob "Jake" Fritz (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Ghost of a Train (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morgantown.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. This page has been viewed 62 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.