Battle Creek in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Second Baptist Church
Erected 2000 by Michigan Historical Center, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L2082.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 42° 20.375′ N, 85° 11.436′ W. Marker is in Battle Creek, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of North Washington Avenue and Vineyard Avenue, on the right when traveling south on North Washington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 485 N Washington Ave, Battle Creek MI 49037, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Kellogg Community College (approx. 0.7 miles away); Battle Creek Sanitarium / Percy Jones General Hospital (approx. 0.9 miles away); African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Seventh-day Adventists (approx. one mile away); Purple Heart Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Battle Creek Community College (approx. 1.2 miles away); Michigan Central Depot (approx. 1.4 miles away); Independent Congregational Church (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Creek.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 96 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.