Battle Creek in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Independent Congregational Church
Erected 2008 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L2199.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 42° 19.312′ N, 85° 10.665′ W. Marker is in Battle Creek, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Capital Avenue Northeast near Division Street North, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 145 Capital Ave NE, Battle Creek MI 49017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Philip Roman Catholic Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct Kimball House Museum (about 600 feet away); St. Thomas Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); Willard Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Michigan Central Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ward Mill Site / Ward Building Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle Creek Community College (approx. ¼ mile away); Seirn B. Cole House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Creek.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 92 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.