Battle Creek in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Erected 1959 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L0006.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 11, 1848.
Location. 42° 19.245′ N, 85° 10.788′ W. Marker is in Battle Creek, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Capital Avenue Northeast and East Van Buren Street, on the right when traveling north on Capital Avenue Northeast. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16 E Van Buren St, Battle Creek MI 49017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance St. Philip Roman Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Willard Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Michigan Central Depot (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ward Mill Site / Ward Building Site (about 500 feet away); Independent Congregational Church (about 700 feet away); Battle Creek House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Erastus Hussey: Stationmaster / "Working for Humanity" (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Log Schoolhouse (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Creek.
More about this marker. Of note, this marker is #6 in the Michigan program, dating from 1959.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.