Battle Creek in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Log Schoolhouse
Erected 1959 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L0007.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1834.
Location. 42° 19.063′ N, 85° 10.877′ W. Marker is in Battle Creek, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Michigan Avenue, 0.1 miles south of Capital Avenue Southwest, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 Michigan Ave, Battle Creek MI 49017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Erastus Hussey: Stationmaster / "Working for Humanity" (within First Baptist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle Creek Post Office (about 400 feet away); Methodism in Battle Creek (about 600 feet away); Sojourner Truth Statue (about 600 feet away); Cereal Bowl of America (about 700 feet away); Battle Creek House (about 700 feet away); Del Shannon / Runaway (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Creek.
More about this marker. Of note, the marker was #7 issued in the Michigan Historical Marker program, erected in 1959.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.