Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Battle Creek in Calhoun County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Battle Creek Community College

 
 
Battle Creek Community College Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, July 12, 2021
1. Battle Creek Community College Marker
Inscription.  In September 1956, Battle Creek Community College opened near this site. Founded by Battle Creek Public Schools, it was originally housed in a Grand Army of the Republic Hall that was demolished in 1972. Begun with 176 full and part-time students and four faculty, it grew rapidly. A 1959 donation from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation allowed the College to move to its present location, renamed Kellogg Community College.
 
Erected 2012 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L2231.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1956.
 
Location. 42° 19.434′ N, 85° 10.89′ W. Marker is in Battle Creek, Michigan, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Calhoun Street and College Street, on the right when traveling east on Calhoun Street. Located at Battle Creek Central High School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 W Van Buren St, Battle Creek MI 49017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance
Battle Creek Community College Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, July 12, 2021
2. Battle Creek Community College Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker. Michigan Central Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Philip Roman Catholic Church (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Thomas Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Willard Library (approx. ¼ mile away); Independent Congregational Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Ward Mill Site / Ward Building Site (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle Creek House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Kimball House Museum (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Creek.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 15, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=177340

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Mar. 21, 2023