The Homer and Elizabeth Bennett House
800 South Court Street
— Built: 1951 Style: Colonial Revival —
Architect Harold Cassidy designed a home reminiscent of one Bennett had seen while traveling New England. Features include a library of solid cherry paneling with customer cabinetry.
Bennett was the founder of Bennett Lumber Company in town and hand-picked all the materials used in the construction of his hone.
Erected by South Court Historic Neighborhood Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1951.
Location. 41° 7.663′ N, 81° 51.852′ W. Marker is in Medina, Ohio, in Medina County. Marker is on South Court Street (Ohio Route 3) just south of Westpark Boulevard, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 800 South Court Street, Medina OH 44256, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Paul and Mariah Parker House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Joseph and Abbie Andrew House (about 700 feet away); The George and Helen Hayden House (approx. 0.2 miles
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 85 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 17, 2021, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.