Carrollton in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Blanton Grain Tower
Carrollton Historic Site
This 110-foot tall grain storage tower was once the center of a large family-owned grain and feed business. Erected in 1950, it became Carrollton's most distinctive landmark. It stands on the site of the original Carrollton Feed Mills, which L.F. Blanton bought in 1931. The name was changed in mid-1940's to Blanton Grain Company. Grain and feed produced and stored here were shipped via the railroad on the east side of the building to customers world-wide. With Blanton's death in 1971, the company soon closed.
Designated Historic by Carrollton City Council December 7, 2010.
Erected 2010 by Carrollton City Council.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 32° 57.12′ N, 96° 54.43′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on 4th Avenue east of South Broadway Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1003 4th Avenue, Carrollton TX 75006, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Carrollton Black CemeteryCarrollton Black Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away); Alex W. and Sarah Perry Homestead (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Perry Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Union Baptist Church (approx. one mile away); Dallas County's First Methodist Society (approx. 2.1 miles away); First Baptist Church of Farmers Branch (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 63 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 19, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.