Cleburne in Johnson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The 36th Division - Texas National Guard
The 36th Division (Texas National Guard) mobilized during WWII convoyed in February, 1942 through Cleburne en route to shipping overseas. Crowds lined both sides of Highway 67 from one end of town to the other trying to get sight of familiar faces and wish them well.
Erected by Arrowhead MVPA Chapter 1998.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, World II. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1942.
Location. 32° 20.846′ N, 97° 23.191′ W. Marker is in Cleburne, Texas, in Johnson County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and East Henderson Street, on the right when traveling north on North Main Street. The memorial is located at the northwest corner of the Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 North Main Street, Cleburne TX 76033, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Johnson County War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Desert Storm Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Ensign Howard D. Crow (a few steps from this marker); Cleburne Town Square (within shouting distance Colonel Middleton T. Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); General Patrick R. Cleburne (within shouting distance of this marker); Johnson County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Johnson County Courthouse Stone (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleburne.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.