Carmi in White County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Bell of St. Johns
United Church of Christ
Deeded Jan. 24, 1881
From Jacob Barth and wife
Bell cast in 1905 in St. Louis
Honor, Glory to God
In the Highest
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is January 24, 1881.
Location. 38° 5.466′ N, 88° 9.727′ W. Marker is in Carmi, Illinois, in White County. Marker is on 1st Street north of Stewart Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 316 1st St, Carmi IL 62821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Flow Gently, Sweet Afton" (within shouting distance of this marker); Ratcliff Inn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Carmi's Oldest House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colonel Conger House (approx. Ό mile away); Big Prairie Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Former Site of Big Prairie United Methodist Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Southern Illinois College (approx. 9½ miles away); The First Presbyterian Church In Illinois (approx. 10.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carmi.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 72 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 24, 2021, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.