Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
416 Lakeview Avenue
— Jamestown Architectural Heritage —
G. Freeburg & H. Fidler
Built in 1909
family home of
Franklin W. & Clara Bigelow
owners of Bigelows
Erected by Lakeview Avenue Community Action Project (LACAP).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1909.
Location. 42° 6.333′ N, 79° 14.188′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is on Lakeview Avenue just south of Price Street, on the left when traveling south. Marker is mounted near the sidewalk, directly in front of the subject house. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 416 Lakeview Avenue, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 502 Lakeview Avenue (within shouting distance of this marker); 509 Lakeview Avenue (within shouting distance of this marker); 629 Winsor Street (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 212 Van Buren Street (about 500 feet 211 Lakeview Avenue (about 600 feet away); 543 Lakeview Avenue (about 600 feet away); 540 Lakeview Avenue (about 700 feet away); 134 Lakeview Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Regarding 416 Lakeview Avenue. Contributing property, Lakeview Avenue Historic District, NRHP#100000753.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Jamestown Architectural Heritage
Also see . . . Lakeview Avenue Historic District. The district is a predominantly residential neighborhood composed mainly of single-family houses built from the 1850s to the 1950s as Jamestown's population grew and spread outward. Buildings in the district, most of which were built as single-family houses, exemplify the range of domestic architectural styles that were popular from the mid-nineteenth to mid-twentieth century, with most built between 1891 and 1930 when the neighborhood was served by an electric streetcar line. (Submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 198 times since then and 95 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.