Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
211 Lakeview Avenue
Colonial Revival / Neoclassical
— Jamestown Architectural Heritage —
Built in 1896
Frederick P. Hall
Owner and Publisher
for 63 years of Jamestown Journal
later known as The Post Journal
Erected by Lakeview Avenue Community Action Project (LACAP).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Communications. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
Location. 42° 6.235′ N, 79° 14.205′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is on Lakeview Avenue just south of Crossman Street, on the right when traveling south. Marker is located near the sidewalk, directly in front of the subject house. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 Lakeview Avenue, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 134 Lakeview Avenue (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 127 Lakeview Avenue (about 400 feet away); 416 Lakeview Avenue (about 600 feet away); 212 Van Buren Street (about 502 Lakeview Avenue (about 700 feet away); 509 Lakeview Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); 629 Winsor Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); 543 Lakeview Avenue (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Regarding 211 Lakeview Avenue. Contributing property, Lakeview Avenue Historic District, NRHP#100000753.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Jamestown Architectural Heritage
Also see . . . Lakeview Avenue Historic District. The district is a predominantly residential neighborhood composed mainly of single-family houses built from the 1850s to the 1950s as Jamestown's population grew and spread outward. Buildings in the district, most of which were built as single-family houses, exemplify the range of domestic architectural styles that were popular from the mid-nineteenth to mid-twentieth century, with most built between 1891 and 1930 when the neighborhood was served by an electric streetcar line. (Submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 242 times since then and 119 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.