Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
127 Lakeview Avenue
Prairie / Arts & Crafts
— Jamestown Architectural Heritage —
Built in 1920
Luther M. Butman
President of ACME/Empire Worsted Mills
Erected by Lakeview Avenue Community Action Project (LACAP).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1920.
Location. 42° 6.169′ N, 79° 14.204′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is on Lakeview Avenue south of Falconer Street, on the right when traveling south. Marker is located near the sidewalk, directly in front of the subject house. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 Lakeview Avenue, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 134 Lakeview Avenue (within shouting distance of this marker); 211 Lakeview Avenue (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 11 Lakeview Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); 212 Van Buren Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); 28 Liberty Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); 416 Lakeview Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); 502 Lakeview Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); 509 Lakeview Avenue (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Regarding 127 Lakeview Avenue. Contributing property, Lakeview Avenue Historic District, NRHP#100000753.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Jamestown Architectural Heritage
Also see . . . Lakeview Avenue Historic District. The district is a predominantly residential neighborhood composed mainly of single-family houses built from the 1850s to the 1950s as Jamestown's population grew and spread outward. Buildings in the district, most of which were built as single-family houses, exemplify the range of domestic architectural styles that were popular from the mid-nineteenth to mid-twentieth century, with most built between 1891 and 1930 when the neighborhood was served by an electric streetcar line. (Submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 28, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.