Williamson in Mingo County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Erected by Commission on Historic and Scenic Highway Markers.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Natural Resources • Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1890.
Location. 37° 40.398′ N, 82° 16.594′ W. Marker is in Williamson, West Virginia, in Mingo County. Marker is at the intersection of Fourth Avenue (U.S. 52) and Logan Street, on the right when traveling south on Fourth Avenue. It is at City Hall, the former N&W Railway passenger station. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 4th Ave, Williamson WV 25661, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Williamson and the Railroad (a few steps from this marker); Williamson Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans MemorialWilliamson, Mingo County (about 600 feet away); Chief Logan (about 600 feet away); West Virginia (Mingo County) / Kentucky (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ohio Extension (approx. 3.3 miles away); Baby’s Grave Site (approx. 4.3 miles away in Kentucky). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamson.
More about this marker. This historical marker was originally installed at the city limits on what was U.S. 52 north of town, now Route 52/27 Sec Road.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2021, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 103 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 31, 2021, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.