Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Howard's March to Buckhead
Howard’s corps was the left of the Army of the Cumberland’s advance to Peachtree Creek.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-16.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 53.307′ N, 84° 23.863′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Powers Ferry Road NW and Mount Paran Road NW, on the right when traveling north on Powers Ferry Road NW. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At Hascall’s Div. Camped (approx. 0.4 miles away); Howard’s Corps at Nancy’s Creek (approx. 1.4 miles away); Williams' Ky. Cavalry at Nancy's Creek (approx. 1˝ miles away); 4th & 23d A.C. Advance (approx. 1.6 miles away); Howard's 4th A.C. Line (approx. 1.8 miles away); To Sandy Springs and Old Cross Keys (approx. 1.9 miles away); 23d A.C. to Decatur (approx. 2.1 miles away); Sardis Methodist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Howard's March to Buckhead.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 780 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 11, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.