Snohomish in Snohomish County, Washington — The American West (Northwest)
First Court House Cornerstone and Bell
salvaged from the First Snohomish
Court House constructed in 1891.
The Snohomish School District
purchased the building in 1906
to be used as the school house. It
was removed in 1938 so that the
existing A Building could be
constructed. The corner stone and
bell were previously displayed at the
south end of the old music building.
Erected by Snohomish High School.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
Location. 47° 55.078′ N, 122° 5.968′ W. Marker is in Snohomish, Washington, in Snohomish County. Marker is on 5th Street west of Avenue D, on the right when traveling west. Marker and relics are on the Snohomish High School campus. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1316 5th Street, Snohomish WA 98290, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of City Hotel & Lower Level Shops (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Northern Star Mr. and Mrs. Lot Wilbur (approx. half a mile away); Schott's Meat Market (approx. half a mile away); Earl Winehart American Legion Post No. 96 Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Otten Dry Goods Store (approx. half a mile away); Snohomish Post Office (approx. half a mile away); Love at First Sight (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snohomish.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 6, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.