Lakewood in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oldest Stone House
This house of
was built circa 1838 by
A Scottish Weaver
This tablet placed by
Lakewood Chapter, D.A.R. 1949
Erected 1949 by Lakewood Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 29.604′ N, 81° 47.905′ W. Marker is in Lakewood, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Lake Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lakewood OH 44107, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lakewood Park (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Jared Potter Kirtland (approx. ¾ mile away); Alexander Winton Homestead (approx. one mile away); Nicholson Homestead (approx. one mile away); The National Carbon Company / GrafTech International (approx. 1.8 miles away); Detroit Avenue Bridge (approx. 1.9 miles Cowan Pottery (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rockport Cemetery of Pioneer Days (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakewood.
Also see . . . The Oldest Stone House Museum. (Submitted on April 18, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Oldest Stone House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 845 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 14, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 4, 5. submitted on April 18, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.