Cleveland in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Yellow House
By the Lemuel S. Hart family
Original site 757 Ansel Avenue
The Banks-Baldwin Law Publishing Co.
Oldest legal publisher in America, founded 1804
Moved to current Learning Garden site in 1998
To serve as Cleveland Botanical Garden's Youth Education Center
through the generous efforts of
Walter H. Drane, Craig W. Fraser, Montgomery L. Frazier, P. Jeffrey Lucier
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 41° 30.358′ N, 81° 38.644′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Chester Avenue (U.S. 322) and East 66th Street, on the right when traveling east on Chester Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cleveland OH 44103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Dunham Tavern Garden (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dunham Tavern (about 600 feet away); League Park (approx. The History of Hough (1799-1979) (approx. 0.6 miles away); Colonel Charles Young (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sarah Benedict House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Upbeat (approx. 1.2 miles away); Journalist Dorothy Fuldheim (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
Also see . . . Entry on the Banks-Baldwin Law Publishing Co. in the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. (Submitted on April 16, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 16, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 783 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 16, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 2. submitted on April 18, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 3. submitted on April 16, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.