Homer in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Claiborne Parish Court House
Erected 1957 by Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 32° 47.503′ N, 93° 3.284′ W. Marker is in Homer, Louisiana, in Claiborne Parish. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and East Main Street, on the left when traveling west on North Main Street. On NE corner of the courthouse lawn. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 514 N Main St, Homer LA 71040, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Claiborne Parish War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); T. H. Harris (approx. 5.3 miles away); Arizona Academy Site (approx. St. John Colored School (approx. 6 miles away); Sheriff Pat Garrett (approx. 7.2 miles away); Russellville (approx. 7.3 miles away); White Lightning (approx. 9.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Homer.
Regarding Claiborne Parish Court House. Created in 1828, Claiborne Parish, is named after Louisiana's first governor. Its stately courthouse, located on Homer's town square, was completed in 1861. Of the four antebellum courthouses remaining in the state, it is the only one which still functions in its original capacity.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 250 times since then and 38 times this year. Last updated on August 24, 2021, by Wesley Harris of Ruston, Louisiana. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.