Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Flint in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Nelson Webster House

 
 
The Nelson Webster House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, August 26, 2021
1. The Nelson Webster House Marker
Inscription.  This Queen Ann style home was built in the 1890's by Nelson C. Webster, a farmer's son, who went from being a stock keeper for the Flint Road Card Company to becoming the Secretary-Treasurer for the Wm. F. Stewart Company. He devoted 43 years with the company as it grew from manufacturing carriage and sleigh woodwork to body parts for Buick and Chevrolet. Nelson also served for 20 years as a Boy Scout Executive.

In subsequent years, the home was inhabited by dentists, a machinist for the Weston Mott Company, a pipefitter, and auto workers. In the mid 1920's it was purchased by Edwin and Emily Beedon and has remained in the family's care ever since. The Beedons owned the Sanitary Laundry on Avon Street, and it was operated by Emily and her son for over 40 years.
 
Erected by the Carriage Town Historic Signage Project.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1890.
 
Location. 43° 1.214′ N, 83° 41.982′ W. Marker is in Flint, Michigan, in Genesee County
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
. Marker is on West 4th Avenue near Mason Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 415 W 4th Ave, Flint MI 48503, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Freedman House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Daniels House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jacob Smith / Fred A. Aldrich (approx. ¼ mile away); Charles W. Nash (approx. ¼ mile away); William C. Durant / Durant-Dort Carriage Company (approx. ¼ mile away); Nash And Chrysler (approx. 0.3 miles away); Durant And Dort (approx. 0.3 miles away); Genesee County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flint.
 
The Nelson Webster House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, August 26, 2021
2. The Nelson Webster House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 77 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=180536

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024