Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Blanconia in Bee County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Blanconia (Old N2) Church

 
 
Blanconia (Old N2) Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, August 29, 2021
1. Blanconia (Old N2) Church Marker
Inscription.  The First Baptist Church in Refugio County was organized on April 22, 1855 and met in the Doughty Schoolhouse near Refugio. In 1865, the first sanctuary was erected (5 Mi.W) and named for the cattle brand of member and benefactor N.R. McDaniel. The Blanco Baptist Association was organized at the "N2" church in 1873. In 1888 the fellowship moved to Blanconia where the first sanctuary on this site was built in 1891. One of the oldest Baptist churches in South Texas, Blanconia Church served as a nucleus for growth of area churches and has ordained several pastors.
 
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7123.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is April 22, 1855.
 
Location. 28° 24.024′ N, 97° 24.69′ W. Marker is in Blanconia, Texas, in Bee County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2441, 0.8 miles north of State Highway 202, on the right when traveling north. The marker is located in front of the church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Beeville TX 78102, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Catherine Catholic Church of Blanconia (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); King's Men Buried Here (approx. 10.4 miles away); King's Men Memorial (approx. 10.4 miles away); Mount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 10.4 miles away); Captain Amon B. King and His Men (approx. 10.4 miles away); Refugio Veterans Memorial (approx. 10.4 miles away); Purple Heart Recipients (approx. 10.4 miles away); Colonel A. M. Hobby/Hobby's 8th Texas Infantry Regiment, C.S.A. (approx. 10.4 miles away).
 
Blanconia (Old N2) Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, August 29, 2021
2. Blanconia (Old N2) Church and Marker
The view of the Blanconia (Old N2) Church and Marker from the street image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, August 29, 2021
3. The view of the Blanconia (Old N2) Church and Marker from the street
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 3, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 183 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 3, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=180952

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 29, 2024