Port Lavaca in Calhoun County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Alsatian Immigration through Lavaca Bay
Erected by Calhoun County Historical Commission George Fred Rhodes, Chairman
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1147.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers
Location. 28° 37.316′ N, 96° 37.515′ W. Marker is in Port Lavaca, Texas, in Calhoun County. Marker is on Harbor Street, 0.1 miles south of Broadway Street (State Highway 238), on the left when traveling south. The marker is located at the entrance to the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 610 Harbor Street, Port Lavaca TX 77979, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ranger Cemetery (here, next to this marker); First Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Civil War Torpedo Works (approx. 0.4 miles away); Naval Shelling of Lavaca (approx. 0.4 miles away); Civil War Bombardment of Port Lavaca (approx. 0.4 miles away); Beach Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); San Antonio & Mexican Gulf Railroad (approx. half a mile away); First United Methodist Church of Port Lavaca (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Lavaca.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 7, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.