Port Lavaca in Calhoun County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First United Methodist Church of Port Lavaca
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1246.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1841.
Location. 28° 37.142′ N, 96° 37.988′ W. Marker is in Port Lavaca, Texas, in Calhoun County. Marker is at the intersection of North San Antonio Street and West Ash Street, on the left when traveling south on North San Antonio Street. The marker is located Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 814 North San Antonio Street, Port Lavaca TX 77979, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church of Port Lavaca (approx. 0.3 miles away); San Antonio & Mexican Gulf Railroad (approx. half a mile away); Alsatian Immigration through Lavaca Bay (approx. half a mile away); Ranger Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Beach Hotel (approx. 0.6 miles away); Calhoun County Participation During World War II (approx. 0.6 miles away); Calhoun County Hurricanes (approx. 0.6 miles away); Howard Gallemore Hartzog, Sr. (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Lavaca.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.