Flandreau in Moody County, South Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Depot
Built 1880 – Closed 1967
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is January 1, 1880.
Location. 44° 2.942′ N, 96° 34.947′ W. Marker is in Flandreau, South Dakota, in Moody County. Marker is on Water Street north of East Pipestone Avenue, on the left when traveling north. The marker is located on the grounds of the Moody County Museum in Flandreau. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 706 E Pipestone Ave, Flandreau SD 57028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jones School District #60 (a few steps from this marker); Riverbend Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); Waxdahl Claim Shack (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of Mrs. Joseph Thatcher (approx. Flandreau Indian High School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Governor Bill Janklow (approx. 1.2 miles away); Wakpaipaksan Okodakiciye (approx. 1.3 miles away); Flandreau Christian Indian Community (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flandreau.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2021. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on September 7, 2021. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A clear, close-up photo of the marker. • Can you help?