Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Xi Psi Phi Fraternity
was founded February 8, 1889
at the University of Michigan
Erected 1939 by Xi Psi Phi.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical date for this entry is February 8, 1889.
Location. 42° 16.57′ N, 83° 44.334′ W. Marker is in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker can be reached from South University Avenue, 0.1 miles east of South State Street, on the left when traveling east. Marker is located on the path between Haven Hall and Hatcher Graduate Library. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 505 S State St, Ann Arbor MI 48109, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert Brackett Memorial (here, next to this marker); Spanish-American War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Acacia (within shouting distance of this marker); Tappan Hall (about 300 feet away, The Central Forty and The Diag (about 300 feet away); Joseph Whiting (about 300 feet away); Douglass Houghton (about 300 feet away); Samuel Denton (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ann Arbor.
Also see . . . Xi Psi Phi Fraternity Bench. Excerpt:
Placed on campus on the 50th anniversary of the founding of Xi Psi Phi Dental Fraternity, which was founded at the University of Michigan on February 2, 1889, by six dental students, whose names are inscribed on the bench.(Submitted on September 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.