Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This being a translation of the original Latin text from the base of the monument
Erected by The Regents of the University of Michigan.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is July 20, 1845.
Location. 42° 16.566′ N, 83° 44.265′ W. Marker is in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker can be reached from South University Avenue near Tappan Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 913 S University Ave, Ann Arbor MI 48109, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Samuel Denton (a few steps from this marker); Douglass Houghton (a few steps from this marker); Charles FoxThe Professors' Monument (a few steps from this marker); The Central Forty and The Diag (within shouting distance of this marker); Xi Psi Phi Fraternity (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Acacia (about 300 feet away); Robert Brackett Memorial (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ann Arbor.
More about this marker. In the text "fourty" is not a word, and "forty" is the only way to spell the written form of the number 40. "Fourty" is a spelling error for Americans and the British alike.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 16, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.