Anadarko in Caddo County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Trophies N Things
— Historic Anadarko —
Bill's Club was here in 1938, followed by Broadway Barber and Beauty. In the late 40's it housed Breck's Café and Keystone Café, but is known for being the location of the White Dot Café. The White Dot Café, started in the 1950's, served Anadarko for just shy of three decades before becoming The Tiny Diner.
It housed Snoopy's Indian Store from 1982 to 1985 when Allen's Electronics and Radio Shack were established. It was even the site of The Wedding Place, and Millers Home Interior.
Erected by City of Anadarko.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1935.
Location. 35° 4.502′ N, 98° 14.683′ W. Marker is in Anadarko, Oklahoma, in Caddo County. Marker is on West Broadway Street, 0.1 miles Southwest 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west. The marker is located on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 121 West Broadway Street, Anadarko OK 73005, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George's Department Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Lonnie's (within shouting distance of this marker); The Soda Fountain Eatery (within shouting distance of this marker); Ideal Decorating Center (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Anadarko (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Anadarko Community Library (about 400 feet away); Redskin Theater (about 500 feet away); Bryan Hotel (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anadarko.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 14, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.