Chatsworth in Murray County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Moravian Mission to the Cherokee Indians
1801 • 1931
Erected by The Gov. John Milledge Chapter, assited by The Georgia Society, D.A.R.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Native Americans.
Location. 34° 45.67′ N, 84° 48.98′ W. Marker is in Chatsworth, Georgia, in Murray County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Georgia Route 52 and Ellijay Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 109 Ellijay St, Chatsworth GA 30705, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Springplace Moravian Mission & School (here, next to this marker); Anna Rosina Kliest Gambold (a few steps from this marker); "God's Acre" (a few steps from this marker); Principal Chief Charles Renatus Hicks (a few steps from this marker); Springplace Mission (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Federal RoadJohn Howard Payne (approx. 0.3 miles away); Chief Vann House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chatsworth.
Also see . . .
1. Moravians. Oklahoma Historical Society (Submitted on September 14, 2021, by Darren Jefferson Clay of Duluth, Georgia.)
2. Indian Missions. New Georgia Encyclopedia (Submitted on September 15, 2021.)
3. The Moravian Spring Mission Among the Cherokees. The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) (Submitted on September 15, 2021.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2021, by Darren Jefferson Clay of Duluth, Georgia. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 14, 2021, by Darren Jefferson Clay of Duluth, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.