Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Mendham in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Ralston District of Mendham

circa 1742

 
 
Ralston District of Mendham Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, April 23, 2009
1. Ralston District of Mendham Marker
Inscription.  Logan's grist mill supplied food to Washington's troops during Jockey Hollow encampment. John Ralston, early industrialist, occupied the manor house 1786-1819, and operated the general store, subsequently a post office 1892-1941.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Morris County Heritage Commission series list.
 
Location. 40° 46.261′ N, 74° 37.487′ W. Marker is in Mendham, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 24 and Roxiticus Road, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 24. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mendham NJ 07945, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ralston New Jersey (here, next to this marker); Cider Mill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lebbeus Dod House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mendham Township War Memorial (approx.
Ralston District of Mendham Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, April 23, 2009
2. Ralston District of Mendham Marker
1.3 miles away); Black Horse Inn (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Angel Tree (approx. 1.3 miles away); Hilltop Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Union School (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mendham.
 
Ralston District of Mendham Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, April 23, 2009
3. Ralston District of Mendham Marker
Marker on opposite side of road pointing to historical marker on opposite side of road.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 24, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 24, 2009, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 6, 2020