Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lovells in Crawford County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Lone Pine School

Kellogg School

 
 
The Lone Pine School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, September 21, 2021
1. The Lone Pine School Marker
The former one room schoolhouse now serves as the Lovells Township Historical Society.
Inscription.  Built in 1907 by Ed Kellogg and Gustav Ernst. Operated as a school until 1937. Moved from Jackson Hole, seven miles down Lovells Road in July 1991, and renovated.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1991.
 
Location. 44° 48.361′ N, 84° 29.164′ W. Marker is in Lovells, Michigan, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of Twin Bridge Road and County Road 612, on the left when traveling north on Twin Bridge Road. Located in Douglas Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8405 Twin Bridge Rd, Grayling MI 49738, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Thomas E. Douglas / The Douglas House (approx. ¼ mile away); Major Edward E. Hartwick (approx. 9.8 miles away); Congregational United Church of Christ (approx. 10½ miles away); Angusdale Stock Farm (approx. 13.6 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Lovells Historical Society. Excerpt:
The Lone Pine School Museum of Lovells History is located in the
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Lone Pine School, a one-room log schoolhouse that was originally built in 1906. Also known as the Kellogg School, it was located at Jackson Hole on the North Branch of the AuSable River about seven miles downstream of Lovells. The school was used until 1936 when the schools were consolidated and the students were bussed to Grayling.
(Submitted on September 23, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.) 
 
The Lone Pine School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, September 21, 2021
2. The Lone Pine School Marker
The Lone Pine School image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.T. Lambrou, September 21, 2021
3. The Lone Pine School
The log one room schoolhouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 255 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 23, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=182349

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 18, 2024