Braselton in Jackson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Braselton School Bell
The bell was later donated to the Town by the children of Green and May Braselton who were the Senator’s grandchildren.
The restored school bell is a symbol of pride for Braselton, where generations heard its sound for school and community events. It is rededicated by the Mayor and Council in 2004.
The gazebo housing the bell is made possible by the civic generosity of Tom Bowen, the Braselton Rotary Club, Earl H. Graham, Mayor Pat Graham, D.G. Jenkins Corporation and Select Brokers.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1920.
Location. 34° 6.433′ N, 83° 45.717′ W. Marker is in Braselton, Georgia, in Jackson County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4982 Highway 53, Braselton GA 30517, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Braselton Family (within shouting distance of this marker); Hoschton Train Depot (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bethabra Baptist Church (approx. 3.2 miles away); Battle of King's Tanyard (approx. 5 miles away); Rockwell Universalist Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Perry-Rainey Institute (approx. 7.6 miles away); Karina Miller Nature Preserve (approx. 7.6 miles away); Jackson Trail (approx. 7.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,216 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.