Hoschton in Jackson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hoschton Train Depot
Erected 2002 by Georgia Historical Society, the City of Hoschton, Hoschton Women’s Civic Club, and Hosch Family Descendants. (Marker Number 78-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 34° 5.841′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hoschton GA 30548, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Braselton Family (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Braselton School Bell (approx. 0.7 miles away); Bethabra Baptist Church (approx. 2.6 miles away); Battle of King's Tanyard (approx. 4.3 miles away); Rockwell Universalist Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Perry-Rainey Institute (approx. 7 miles away); Karina Miller Nature Preserve (approx. 7.4 miles away); Winder's Most Historical Site (approx. 7.4 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker was originally installed on Georgia Highway 53 at the old depot. It has recently been moved to the rear of the depot, at the entrance from the parking lot.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 25, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,648 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 6. submitted on November 4, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.