Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of the First Ohio State Football Game
The Kroger Company
National City Bank
Dedicated May 3, 2008
Erected 2008 by the Kroger Company, National City Bank, and the Delaware County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education Sports. In addition, it is included in the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 3, 1800.
Location. 40° 17.819′ N, 83° 3.93′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker can be reached from South Henry Street south of East William Street (U.S. 36), on the right when traveling south. Marker is on the Ohio Wesleyan University campus, about 100 feet northwest of the Sulphur Spring and Phillips Hall. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1897 Memorial Tree (here, next to this marker); The Sulphur Spring (within shouting distance of this marker); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Harrison Trail (about 400 feet away); Elliott Hall (about 400 feet away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 500 feet away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (about 600 feet away); Wesley Branch Rickey (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,472 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.