Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dallas in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Frankford Church

 
 
The Frankford Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jackson Frye
1. The Frankford Church Marker
Inscription.  

The White Rock Masonic Lodge Hall served as a schoolhouse and church building for the early Frankford community. Among the worshipers were a group of Methodists who were organized as part of a circuit in 1885. In the 1890s, this frame church building was erected through the efforts of Captain William McKamy (1823-1902) and several neighbors. The Methodists occupied the structure until 1924. Episcopal services began here in the 1960s.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1978
 
Erected 1978 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6160.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
 
Location. 32° 59.356′ N, 96° 49.395′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is on Muirfield Drive south of Spyglass Drive, on the right when traveling south. The historic Frankford Church is located within the native Blackland Prairie Preserve. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17400 Muirfield Drive, Dallas TX 75287, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frankford (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church of Renner (approx. 1.7 miles away); Addison State Bank (approx. 2.1 miles away); Warner Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); White Rock Chapel (approx. 3 miles away); First Baptist Church, Hebron (approx. 3.1 miles away); Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); Furneaux Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
 
Also see . . .  The Frankford Preservation.
In 1896 the Frankford community decided to rebuild Frankford Church using some of the wood from the first church, destroyed by a tornado in the 1880s. WC (Captain) McKamy and others hired Phillip Bethea Hamer, a noted builder from the nearby town of Renner, to supervise the project. The beautiful little Frankford Church was completed in 1897.
(Submitted on October 6, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas.) 
 
The Frankford Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jackson Frye
2. The Frankford Church and Marker
The Frankford Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jackson Frye
3. The Frankford Church and Marker
The Frankford Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Jackson Frye
4. The Frankford Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 6, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 927 times since then and 470 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 6, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=183199

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 24, 2024