Douglas in Coffee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Tanner Mercantile Company
First Department Store in Douglas
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 31° 30.506′ N, 82° 50.962′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Georgia, in Coffee County. Marker is on South Madison Avenue (U.S. 441) north of East Ashley Street (Georgia Route 32), on the right when traveling north. Marker is mounted at eye-level on the northwest corner of the subject building, facing South Madison Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 112 South Madison Avenue, Douglas GA 31533, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Tanner Mercantile Company Tri - Hi - Y International (within shouting distance of this marker); Martin Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); The Coffee County Bank Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Coffee County (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Coffee County (about 400 feet away); Coffee County Confederate Monument (about 400 feet away); Douglas Surgical Institute and Infirmary (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Douglas.
Regarding Tanner Mercantile Company. Contributing property, Downtown Douglas Historic District, NRHP #93000941.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 8, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 12, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 12, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.