Grapevine in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Parker Memorial Cemetery
The first burial here is thought to be that of Christina Driskill (1797-1862), whose son-in-law Isaac Green Parker (1816-1875) owned the land. In 1881 Parker's widow, Mary (Polly) Parker Turner (1820-1897) deeded the 4.31-acre plot for a public burial ground. A tabernacle was erected in 1928 and used at first for funeral services and later for meetings of the cemetery association. Formerly known as "Clements Cemetery", it was renamed "Parker" in 1937. Many members of the Pleasant Glade Community are buried here.
Erected 1979 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3942.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 32° 53.68′ N, 97° 6.012′ W. Marker is in Grapevine, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of William D Tate Avenue and Hall-Johnson Road, on the right when traveling south on William D Tate Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3900 William D Tate Avenue, Grapevine TX 76051, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Pleasant Glade Baptist Church (approx. one mile away); Witten Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Peters Colony in Tarrant County (approx. 2 miles away); Minter's Chapel Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Spring Garden Community (approx. 2˝ miles away); The Bidault House (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hurst-Euless-Bedford American Legion Post 379 (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Bogart Dairy (approx. 2.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 228 times since then and 127 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 17, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.