Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Cleveland in Bradley County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Fillauer Brothers Building

 
 
Fillauer Brothers Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, October 16, 2021
1. Fillauer Brothers Building Marker
Inscription.  
Built in 1911
by
Will H. and John B. Fillauer
Restored in 1988
by
Bank of Cleveland

Board of Directors
Henry M. Barkley • Wm. K. Fillauer • John G. Haile • Fritz Harris • G. Robert Taylor • R. Scott Taylor • E. C. Thomas

[Second plaque]
This property has been
placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

by the United States
Department of the Interior

 
Erected by Bank of Cleveland.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
 
Location. 35° 9.608′ N, 84° 52.572′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Tennessee, in Bradley County. Marker is at the intersection of Bobby Taylor Avenue/1st Street NE and Lee Highway (Tennessee Route 74), on the right when traveling east on Bobby Taylor Avenue/1st Street NE. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 75 1st St NE, Cleveland TN 37311, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Luke's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cleveland During the Civil War
Fillauer Brothers Building Secondary Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, October 16, 2021
2. Fillauer Brothers Building Secondary Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Oak Grove Male Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Col. Benjamin Cleveland (approx. ¼ mile away); Masonic Female Institute (approx. ¼ mile away); Craigmiles House—Carmichael Annex (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cleveland Southern Railway Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cleveland Bradley County Public Library Facilities (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
 
Regarding Fillauer Brothers Building. Excerpt from the National Register nomination:
The building was originally constructed as a multi-use structure and is the only extant historic multi-use building on the courthouse square. One half of the first floor was built as a silent picture theater, the Moneta Theater. The other half of the first floor was occupied by Fillauer Brothers Hardware store. The second floor contained rental office space and the third floor apartment units. The William H. Fillauer family occupied an apartment on the third floor of the building from the time of construction until 1925. …
 
Fillauer Brothers Building image. Click for more information.
via NPS, unknown
3. Fillauer Brothers Building
National Register of Historic Places Digital Archive on NPGallery website entry
Click for more information.
Fillauer Brothers Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, October 16, 2021
4. Fillauer Brothers Building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 48 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.   3. submitted on April 11, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.   4. submitted on October 20, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=184268

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jun. 29, 2022