San Martin in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Community of San Martin
Erected 1983 by Citizens of the Community of San Martin and Mountain Charlie Chapter No.1850, E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number SCL-054.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Martin CA 95046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Coyote Lake – Harvey Bear Ranch County Park (approx. 2.2 miles away); Pioneering Murphy Family (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rucker School Historical Site 1894 (approx. 2½ miles away); Franklin Family Ranch (approx. 2.7 miles away); Site of 21-Mile House (approx. 2.7 miles away); Bonesio Winery (approx. 3½ miles away); John Page House (approx. 3.6 miles away); Morgan Hill United Methodist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away).
Regarding Community of San Martin. This site is a California Registered Point of Historic Interest No. SCL-054.
Also see . . . The Martin Murphy Party. The Martin Murphy party crossed the plains in 1844 to California. They were the first party to cross the Sierras in a covered wagon, the first to bring oxen across the plains and the first to use the route now used by Union and Pacific (Submitted on April 30, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Community of San Martin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 892 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 30, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.