Daisy in Evans County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Daisy United Methodist Church
1889- Sunday School and cottage prayer meetings begun
1890- Church organized and admitted to Annual Conference; George Strickland elected steward; Service held in schoolhouse
1894- Services held in Presbyterian Church
1907- Baptist Church building purchased for $300; Trustees: Hilton Moore, Clinton Strickland, L.L. Parker
1948- Present building (built in 1922 and used as a school) purchased
1989- Marker erected
Erected by Daisy United Methodist Church.
Location. 32° 9.13′ N, 81° 50.257′ W. Marker is in Daisy, Georgia, in Evans County. Marker is on Be Smith Rd (US 280, Ga 30 ) near Church St., on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Daisy GA 30423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Sunbury Road (approx. 2.6 miles away); Evans County (approx. 4.1 miles away); Dedicated to All Who Served (approx. 4.1 miles away); Claxton First United Methodist Church Bellville (approx. 8 miles away); Nevils Station & Shearwood Railroad (approx. 9 miles away); Croatan Indian Community (approx. 9.8 miles away); Oliff, Rushing, Durrence House (approx. 11.3 miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Landmarks • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Daisy United Methodist Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 834 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on May 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.