Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Bowling Green in Wood County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Construction Of Buildings

 
 
Construction Of Buildings Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, November 12, 2021
1. Construction Of Buildings Marker
Inscription.  Superintendents & Matrons of the Wood County Infirmary

*1869-1872 Infirmary Directors managed the site

1872-1877 Thomas C. & Margaret Reid

1877-1878 E.M. Jenkins

1878-1904 Edwin & Charlotte Farmer

1904-1949 Frank & Lottie Brandeberry

1949-1952 Dr. Charles & Ruby Pettys

1952-1969 Wayne & Mildred Roe

1969-1971 Doris Roof (resident nurse)

January 16, 1869 Original west wing of the Wood County Infirmary opened to inmates.

August 29, 1872 Addition of a third story to the west wing of the infirmary.

September 6, 1872 Corn crib and tool shed built.

September 24, 1873 Wood house, wash house, and hog pen constructed.

June 9, 1880 Original center and east wing of the main building added. Contract awarded to J.A. Smith of North Baltimore at a cost of $6,611.00.

May 3, 1881 Steam heating plant built.

July 10, 1883 Lunatic asylum construction approved, but does not open until late 1885.

May 3, 1892 Cattle barn constructed.

May 3, 1898 Demolition of the center
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
and east wings due to safety concerns. New construction of the center and east wings was completed by March 13, 1899.

Summer 1898 Boiler house and smoke stack erected.

March 16, 1903 Ice house and cold storage facility construction approved and was completed March 16, 1905.

May 18, 1903 Addition of a porch on the front of the west wing.

August 17, 1903 Hog pen updated.

April 15, 1906 Brick enclosure for gas machine erected.

1911 Modern laundry building constructed.

November 14, 1913 Brick hog barn built.

July 11, 1933 Pestilence house erected.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is January 16, 1869.
 
Location. 41° 21.056′ N, 83° 36.995′ W. Marker is in Bowling Green, Ohio, in Wood County. Marker is on County Home Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bowling Green OH 43402, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wood County Infirmary (a few steps from this marker); The Wood County Museum (a few steps from this marker); Brandeberry Wall (a few steps from this marker); Lunatic Asylum 1885 (within shouting distance of this marker); Pest House (within shouting distance of this
Construction Of Buildings Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, November 12, 2021
2. Construction Of Buildings Marker
marker); Pestilence House 1933 (within shouting distance of this marker); Boiler House, 1898 (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Wood County Museum (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bowling Green.
 
Construction Of Buildings Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, November 12, 2021
3. Construction Of Buildings Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 14, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 81 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 14, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=185777

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024