Dallas in Gaston County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Smyre - Pasour House
This building was sold in 1851 to Ely Pasour, State Legislator, Postmaster and First Mayor of Dallas. The northern addition was used as a classroom for privately tutoring boys. The granite upping block near the street was used to mount horses....
Erected by Historic Preservation Commission Gaston County. N.C.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1851.
Location. 35° 18.967′ N, 81° 10.641′ W. Marker is in Dallas, North Carolina, in Gaston County. Marker is on South Holland Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas NC 28034, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dallas (within shouting distance of this marker); Hoffman Hotel 1852 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Gaston County Courthouse (about 300 feet away); Vietnam Memorial (about 300 feet away); William C. Friday (about 400 feet away); Gaston County Courthouse (former) (about 400 feet away); Confederate Soldiers MonumentRhyne Store (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 3, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 805 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 3, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.