Shippensburg in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Court House
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission marker series.
Location. 40° 3.263′ N, 77° 30.78′ W. Marker is in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is on East King Street (U.S. 11) near Queen Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shippensburg PA 17257, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Morris (a few steps from this marker); The Ones He Left Behind: The Widow and Children of Jacob Agle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Original Site of the German Reformed and Lutheran Congregations (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Locust Grove Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shippensburg Shippensburg (approx. half a mile away); Lifeline of the Valley: The Cumberland Valley Railroad (approx. half a mile away); Rebel Headquarters in Shippensburg, June 24-27, 1863 (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shippensburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for Old Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 4, 2009, by Robert H. Moore, II of Winchester, Virginia. This page has been viewed 926 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 4, 2009, by Robert H. Moore, II of Winchester, Virginia. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.