Stephenville in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Methodist Church of Stephenville
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1771.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1855.
Location. 32° 13.174′ N, 98° 12.242′ W. Marker is in Stephenville, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is at the intersection of West Washington Street and South Barton Avenue, on the right when traveling east on West Washington Street. The marker is located on the left side of the front entrance to the church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 328 West Washington Street, Stephenville TX 76401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Stephenville Masonic Lodge No. 267 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stephenville Drug Stores (about 400 feet away); First National Bank Building (about 500 feet away); Crow Opera House (about 500 feet away); Lest We Forget (about 500 feet away); Erath County War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Erath County CSA War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Dawson Saloon (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stephenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 22, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 23, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.