Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Macon in Bibb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Hardeman Building

 
 
Hardeman Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, November 20, 2021
1. Hardeman Building Marker
Inscription.  
This property
has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

by the United States
Department of the Interior

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
 
Location. 32° 50.267′ N, 83° 37.693′ W. Marker is in Macon, Georgia, in Bibb County. Marker is at the intersection of Mulberry Street (Georgia Route 49) and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling east on Mulberry Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 608 Mulberry St, Macon GA 31201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sidney Lanier's Law Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Sidney Lanier (within shouting distance of this marker); Bibb County (within shouting distance of this marker); Library Ballroom / College Discotheque (within shouting distance of this marker); Emerson Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Andersen's Jewelers (about
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jefferson Davis at the Lanier House (about 300 feet away); The Lanier House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
 
Regarding Hardeman Building. Excerpt from History of Macon: The First 100 Years, written by various authors as a supplement to The Macon News in 1923 and reprinted in 2007:
… in 1850 George Payne, the druggist on the corner of Mulberry street and Cotton avenue, Mix & Kirkland, shoe dealers, and J.A. and S. S. Virgin, music dealers, erected a three-story building, the third story of which was known as Concert Hall. This building, with a remodeled front, and now known as the Hardeman Building, is still standing. …

 
Also see . . .  Macon Historic District. National Register nomination (PDF) and photographs (PDF) submitted for the district, which includes the Hardeman Building. (Submitted on November 25, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.) 
 
Hardeman Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, November 20, 2021
2. Hardeman Building Marker
The Hardeman Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane and Tracy Marsteller, November 20, 2021
3. The Hardeman Building
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 25, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 25, 2021, by Duane and Tracy Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=186705

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 12, 2024