Winder in Barrow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Barrow County Courthouse
National Register of Historic Places
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1916.
Location. 33° 59.541′ N, 83° 43.287′ W. Marker is in Winder, Georgia, in Barrow County. Marker can be reached from North Broad Street (Georgia Route 11) just south of West Athens Street (Georgia Route 211), on the right when traveling south. Marker is mounted at eye-level, directly on the subject building, just to the right of the south entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 30 North Broad Street, Winder GA 30680, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Barrow County (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stoneman Raid Battle of King's Tanyard (within shouting distance of this marker); Barrow County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Jackson, Walton, and Gwinnett County Boundary Obelisk (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic Barrow County Jail Winder Railroad Depot (about 400 feet away); Builder of the Nation (about 400 feet away); Hal Jackson Park (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winder.
Regarding Barrow County Courthouse. National Register of Historic Places #80000970. Also a contributing property to Broad Street Commercial Historic District, NRHP #84000884.
Also see . . .
1. Barrow County Courthouse.
The Barrow County Courthouse was built in 1916. It was designed by J.J. Baldwin. It has a one-story projecting entrance and a two-story Doric tetrastyle portico. It has a three-stage clock tower with clocks facing in four directions.(Submitted on December 1, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Barrow County Courthouse.
This courthouse is relatively newer than other historic courthouses in northeast Georgia since Barrow County was not created until 1914. Barrow County Courthouse exhibits Neo-Classical stylistic elements and an octagonal domed clock tower with a lantern. Restoration of the courtroom, detailed by preservation(Submitted on December 1, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 1, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.