Bedford in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bedford Church of Christ
Founded about 1874 by members of Spring Garden Church of Christ, this congregation was originally called New Hope Church of Christ. The first meetinghouse was built here on Milton Moore's farm near a small cemetery about 1874. The church has worshiped continually at this site since its beginning. Moore deeded this five acres to the congregation in 1877. During its early years the church also served as the local school. By 1900 the name Bedford Church of Christ began to be used. In 1958 the congregation gave the original buildings to a neighboring church and built a new brick auditorium.
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 350.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1874.
Location. 32° 50.696′ N, 97° 7.851′ W. Marker is in Bedford, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is on Bedford Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2401 Bedford Road, Bedford TX 76021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bedford Reunion (within shouting distance of Site of Bedford School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Spring Garden School (approx. one mile away); Hurst-Euless-Bedford American Legion Post 379 (approx. 1.9 miles away); Saint John Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 2½ miles away); Site of Mosier Valley School (approx. 2.6 miles away); Pleasant Glade Baptist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Euless School (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bedford.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 18, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 18, 2021, by J Frye of Fort Worth, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.