Greenville in Greenville County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Charles Erza Daniel Memorial Chapel
to the Glory of God and in Loving Tribute to
Charles E. Daniel, 1895-1964
This chapel was provided by his wife,
Homozel Mickel Daniel, 1903-1992
Her benefactions tough the lives of all who teach, learn, and worship at this university.
Location. 34° 55.383′ N, 82° 26.183′ W. Marker is in Greenville, South Carolina, in Greenville County. Marker is located on the west side of the church, on the campus of Furman University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville SC 29617, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Minor Herndon Mickel Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Milford Mall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Beatrice Dennis Plyler Fountain (about 400 feet away); Furman Class of '05 September 11 Memorial (about 500 feet away); Elizabeth Lyles Blackwell Fountain (about 500 feet away); Marshall E. and Vera Lea Rinker Hall (about 600 James C. Furman Classroom Building (about 600 feet away); Charles H. Townes Center for Science (about 600 feet away); Richard W. Riley Hall (about 700 feet away); Alester G. Furman, Jr. Administration Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Also see . . .
1. Charles E. Daniel. Charles Ezra Daniel (November 11, 1895 - September 13, 1964) was a United States Senator from South Carolina. (Submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Charles Ezra Daniel (1895-1964). Charles E. Daniel, "Builder of the South," was a giant in the construction industry who played a major role in developing South Carolina and the South after World War II. (Submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Charles Ezra Daniel Memorial Chapel. The Chapel Guild advises the chaplains regarding policies and management of the chapel. (Submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
4. Charles Ezra Daniel (1895-1964). Charles E. Daniel, founder of Daniel International Corporation, is credited with not only building many of the industrial (Submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
5. Furman University. Official website of Furman University. (Submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
1. About Charles Ezra Daniel
Daniel, Charles Ezra, a Senator from South Carolina; born in Elberton, Elbert County, Ga., November 11, 1895; moved with his family to Anderson, S.C., in 1898; attended the public schools; student at The Citadel, Charleston, S.C. 1916-1918; during the First World War served as a lieutenant in the Infantry 1917-1919; businessman; interests in construction, banking, building supplies, telecommunications, insurance, and airlines; life trustee of Clemson College and member of the board of South Carolina Foundation of Independent Colleges; appointed on September 6, 1954, as a Democrat to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the death of Burnet R. Maybank, and served from September 6, 1954, until his resignation December 23, 1954; was not a candidate for election to fill the vacancy; resumed management of his business interests;
— Submitted May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
More. Search the internet for The Charles Erza Daniel Memorial Chapel.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,253 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 5. submitted on May 16, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 6, 7. submitted on May 12, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.