Felton in Santa Cruz County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Roaring Camp Covered Bridge
Dedicated to the pioneer spirit of America which bridges past, present and future
Designed in 1844 by Thomas Willis Pratt
Constructed 1969 by Roaring Camp & Big Trees Narrow Guage RR. First Pratt-Truss covered bridge built in California since 1896. Shortest covered bridge in the United States. Length: 36 ft.
Load capacity: 5 tons.
Dedicated Oct. 26, 1969 on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the exploration of the Santa Cruz region by Don Gaspar de Portola in October 1769.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Bridges & Viaducts • Exploration. In addition, it is included in the Covered Bridges, and the Portolá Expedition series lists.
Location. 37° 2.555′ N, 122° 3.795′ W. Marker is in Felton, California, in Santa Cruz County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5401 Graham Hill Road, Felton CA 95018, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wagon Top Boiler (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Heisler / Shay / Climax Locomotive (about 800 The Lt. John C. Fremont Tree (approx. half a mile away); Felton Covered Bridge (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Cremer House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Felton Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Historic Lime Kilns (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Scott House (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Felton.
More about this marker. The marker is on the grounds of the Roaring Camp Narrow Gauge Railroad, on the path between the parking lot and the rest of the facilities.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 18, 2022. It was originally submitted on January 18, 2022, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 125 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 18, 2022, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California.